Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Movin' on up...upstairs that is

YES we did it. Savannah spent her first night in her very own crib last night. I had to prepare daddy for the event, giving him a countdown (for the record I was ready last Monday). We did her usual nighttime routine with some added bonuses. Kevin thought it was like a spa because I had classical music on, and I had dimmed the lights while I gave her a gentle massage. Then we fed her (we shared the feeding) Kevin couldn't stand to not be a part of it...such a wonderful dad. Then it was time, I got her all swaddled up and laid her down. We put on BOTH monitors (one to monitor her breathing, the other a video monitor so we can see her from our bedside) and left the room begrudgingly. The walk to the bedroom was a long one, then we got into bed and stared at the monitor for 20 min. Watching her was kind of sad. She kept turning her head looking for us in the room, I admit it I got teary eyed. I totally had to fight the urge to run up and grab her. I eventually fell asleep after watching the monitor for a good solid hour. ONLY to wake up every 30 min to click it on "just to check". She never made a peep all night, and when Kevin got up to get the dogs at 6:30 Savannah had been laying in her crib peacefully playing all alone for who knows how long. So he grabbed her and brought her to bed with me so she could have "breakfast in bed". So I guess you can say we did ok...well I guess I have to admit Savannah did better than we did. Savannah is officially in her own room...tear....she's growing up so fast!

No comments: