Thursday, October 21, 2010

P double O P

Ok so the title isn't pretty. This post isn't pretty. If your poop shy, poop scared, or just don't want to hear details of a potty training little girl. I suggest you scroll to the pictures and then click the "x" of this window so you aren't scarred for life. 

Poop isn't something I normally talk about either. But in this house lately...well its been the topic of conversation for the past week. Almost every convo starts and ends with it. This is what happens folks when you have a potty training toddler! Pooping in the potty was a challenge for us in the beginning. I couldn't figure out how to get her to do it in the potty. After one crazy mess in her pants, I was wishing she was back in diapers. BUT we didn't give up...fast forward to Friday night last week. She wanders into our bedroom in the dark...this is a huge clue she's about to unload in her pants. Kevin follows her in and catches her with her poop face on. If you have a kid you know the face well. So he grabs her and rushes her to the potty. (One other thing I'd note, a toilet or pot is now know as potty when you have a kid...forget normal adult words) Ok so since he's caught her in the act (great quick thinking daddy!) she finally poops in the toilet! This results in some ridiculous dancing, running around the house cheering, giving her oreos at 9pm (remember me saying I promised her the world?), high fives, and all the other crazy stuff you NEVER imagine yourself doing as a couple when you first started dating. We were ELATED! Yay Savannah! Now the trick is...will she do it again? See the pics below of us carving pumpkins? Mid pumpkin scooping she stands up and yells "I have to poop!" golden words at the time since what we're used to hearing is "I pooped in my pants". Savannah and I dash to the bathroom and viola...she performs magic once again. Happy as ever I give her some jelly beans, cheer, smile, yell, I'm just crazy happy at this point that I'm not scooping it out of her pants. Huge breakthrough here! 

How did you do it you say? One word...demonstration. You have no shame as a parent. None. But that's the truth. I won't lie. So Savannah when you are 12 and you're reading this...you'll get totally grossed out, gawk at me, probably say "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!" in that tone that says "I can't believe you"...but it's true little pooper trooper thats what Mommy had to do to get you to do your business in the potty. No lies. Just the shameless truth. And it worked. The end. 

Oh ya and a 13 week belly shot. Savvy wanted to show you her belly too! 


A little note about the pics below. We carved pumpkins on Sunday, Savannah dictated what they were to look like. I think they turned out super cute. She had to hug and kiss them all goodnight as you can see. Daddy really carved them all, all we did was scoop the guts out. I think he realized me and a knife are a bad combo. He's right. 





1 comment:

Kendall said...

I'm speechless...wait, no I'm not, because I'm laughing so hard!! love the pics xoxox