We just finished up a very fun long weekend with Meme and Baba! They flew in Thursday afternoon JUST in time to head straight to Kindermusik with us! They had no idea what to expect and that turned out to be a good thing because I think they would have bailed! Ha ha! After 5 minutes of pure goofy-ness my dad goes "and HOW long is this class?" and admitted he doesn't normally dance that crazy unless he's had a few drinks...lol! At one point we were running around in a circle and we were all giggling so hard we couldn't stand it! She loved having them there and Meme got to be Savannah's toaster which was very fun! It was really a memory I'll never forget...such a funny time! Then on Friday Kevin and my dad played 9 holes at Barnsley and Michelle and I hit the outlets while Savannah was at school for a few hours. Then we went to the Calhoun Homecoming parade downtown. Savannah loved the marching band and all the floats. Taylor and Molly were both acknowledged as representatives for their grades and we got to see them in the parade as well! Friday night we went to the Calhoun Football game against South Murray county. We killed them as usual 57-7 but it was an exciting first half!
Saturday we headed up to Ellijay to the Apple Festival! We had unusually hot weather this weekend so it was a beautiful Indian Summer day up in the mountains! We ate our way through the festival and brought home a peck of Apples that Michelle made the best homemade apple pie with! I could have eaten the whole thing! It really was a fabulous weekend of great quality time, good family meals, scrabble (I won 2 times!), and sunshine! I never think the weekends are long enough...Miss them already!
Savannah is doing great with the potty training! We're still working on the #2 but peeing isn't an issue at all! She's eating everything in sight, Baba and Meme couldn't believe that she would eat Tilapia and Mushrooms but she does! Anything for a dessert of raspberries right? She likes her dessert like her momma!
Enjoy our weekend pictures!


No comments:
Post a Comment