OK well I felt pretty savvy potty training Savvy prior to today. I mean I'd read about it, message board chatted about it, asked my "expert" mom family and friends about it, and well heck I know my little girl very well. So today was the 1st day of panties and peeing in the potty. It started out ROUGH...like she pee'd the second we got her dressed, then 2 min after we changed her again. She just didn't seem to connect the dots to what would MAKE her pee. We packed up and headed to Target (I know...I know...why?) we spent the first 20 min in the bathroom as she swore she had to pee. Nothing. We shopped for a good 45 min she didn't pee in her clothes so I said ok lets go try again before we hit the road. Well we get in the stall and who pees all over herself? Here's a clue. It wasn't me. I prop her on the toilet to make sure she got it all out and she peed like a quarter of an ounce in the toilet...hey its a start! We cheer! I dance. She gets her chocolate surprise and new silly bandz. "A" for Effort in my book! We head home but I have to make one more stop at Old Navy. I'm a pretty frequent shopper here, like they know me. So as we're shopping she goes "I have to pee!" So we make a bee line knocking people over, running to the bathroom. These bathrooms are "ICK" capital letters needed. So I sanitized what I could and we waited...and waited...and waited for the pee to come. It didn't! She tells me she's doesn't have to go. So I conceed, we go back to shopping. As I'm paying for her (very cute new adorable jeggings, and bootcut jeans), I hear "I peed!". NOT THE WORDS YOU WANT TO HEAR WHEN YOU ARE STANDING IN A RETAIL STORE AND YOUR KID ISN'T WEARING A DIAPER ON POTTY TRAINING DAY 1. I look down and see she's peed a large size puddle under me, all over herself, and she managed to pee inside her cute hot pink uggs. AY YI YI! I apologize try to not make a scene and clean up the pee that's spreading like a flash flood with the tiny single kleenex that I had in my purse (note to self be more prepared) while Savannah keeps loudly announcing her accomplishment. 10 Minutes later, and lots of sales people and customers spectating as I clean up Savannahs yellow river and profusely apologizing to all in ear shot. We head to the car with our heads down. We have a little convo as I strip her clothes off in the parking lot about all the things I'd been repeating like an annoying broken record ALL DAY. She knows the answers too which makes me crazy...Anyway so we get home and every 5 min we hit the toilet. I'm not giving up now...Amazingly she only pees the 5 min we aren't on the potty. This is outfit change 5 if you're keeping score...I was. I concede again and I put her in her pull up for her nap. I remind her this is a pantie and she cannot pee in it. She looks like she believes me and hits the hay. 3 hours later...she wakes up dry! Very small accomplishment but very exciting! We make a bee line for the bathroom...and guess what? SHE PEES! This continued all afternoon including a #2! She seems to prefer "mommy's potty" which is fine and dandy. Cleaning the mini pooper is NO BUENO. I'm so proud of my girl I could scream. We've done a lot of dancing, and singing, and eating chocolate this evening because she's done so great! I know every day is different and there will be accidents to come but this was a great start! This goes down in baby book history! Love You my little Pee Pod!
1 comment:
oh my god, the things I have to look forward to when we have little Chinns!! Love this post! You go girl!!
Post a Comment