Ok I'm back with the rest of the vacay story! So back to the Corinth Canal because I found more great pics of that. We had a Caviar splash while passing through...I'm not a huge Caviar lover but Kevin ate enough for the both of us.
After the pass and dinner we relocated to some deck chairs and relaxed as we sailed. This is Daniel looking posh.
We awoke to my FAVORITE Greek island Hydra. Prounounced "EEEEE-DRA" I prounounced it wrong the whole time by the way. Hydra is unique because there aren't any cars or anything by motor. Only mules...yes jackass...mules. Ha! Kevin REALLY wanted to ride one. I don't know why but somehow the guy conned us both into riding one around the so called block for 20 euro. I kid you not. It was kinda neat once I got my butt mounted on the wood saddle. Yes wood.
The flowers and buildings were breathtaking and I must say the shopping was amazing.
Like Rodeo Drive?
Blue Water is so Therapeutic.
My mom the animal lover she is saw some stray cats. The island apparently has an epidemic because when I say some I mean 10000000000. She decided this would be an opportune time to feed them her lunch leftovers. You can see one of the ferrel flea mongers on the bottom left of the below shot. This was only moments before it clawed the eyes out of another homeless cat for a morsel of meat. Ok kidding. But they did hiss and claw at eachother.
The mules.
We stopped on another island Patmos but I didn't get off and instead chose to do water sports (wake board in the aegean sea? Um YA!) and Kevin and I rode the jet ski around. We heard the island was "eh" so we didn't miss much.
Next stop Kusadasi, Turkey! Can you say knock offs? I left with a loot of wannabe Burberry, Tory Burch, Ray Bans, and Lacoste. This isn't the China knock off junk either...this is the real deal. No rug purchases though. We seem to have that covered.
And we are off! To....SANTORINI! Kevin's fave stop of all. The island was truly beautiful. White buildings, blue roofs, marble walkways. Wow.
Lunch in Oia. My 100th Gyro but damn was it great! And Fix beer. WOW! YUM.
We rode mules...yes mules again up the island for 20 minutes but took the ski lift (i know right?) down.
Wow STEEP CLIMB!
Hey Sea Dream!
And the family Christmas card pic. We always match is some ridiculous outfit. This year someone? Had the idea to wear the "crew" shirts. After all we've been on Sea Dream twice (kids twice Mom and Ed three times) and we feel like the crew is family.
Crew Holla!
Merry Christmas!
This is also the time on the trip where my spray tan had completely worn off leaving me to look like an albino next to my dark ethnic looking husband and family! Was I adopted? I swear I spent hours laying in the sun during the trip (with high SPF sunscreen of course). So please note I will be photo shopping the Christmas card photo so that I look like I've been in a tropical paradise.
Edited Photo below with me tan :)
Last Stop, Athens. Or Hot as Hades whichever you wish to call it. OMG it was 100 degrees ok 90 but it felt like 200+ degrees. Historical sites get an A+ the weather gets an F+, food B+. All and all I'd give Athens a solid B.
Random way to move people around?
We are soaking wet here P.S.
Acropolis!
Wow! What a trip. It was super hard to be away from the kids but so great for Kevin and I to share this trip together and be with the fam with no responsibilities other than "what chair do I read in today?". Thanks Mom and Ed for another fabulous vacay. We truly will remember this for our entire lives!
XOXO



No comments:
Post a Comment