Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Batman Birthday Envy


Savannah had a little bit of birthday envy a couple of weeks ago when her good friend Garrett had his 5th birthday pool party.  We arrived to find BATMAN making balloon animals for everyone which was very exciting. Savannah of course quickly requested a balloon sword. Batman was very fun to play with he got the kids doing pool games, catching the "bat star" into the water off the diving board, and he even painted masks on the kids (which washed off promptly as they plunged back int he pool). Savannah got really excited when they brought our Garretts cake. It was a city view of Gotham city with all the major characters around the buildings. I think it took major restraint to not blow out his candles. Notice she's sitting on her hands. HA! Easton had a good time eating everything in sight and toddling around. I asked a friend to watch him on the steps so I could change into my suit and before I could turn around he nose dived into the pool. We both dove in after him. He of course came up with a huge smile on his face, ready to dive in again!





She kept trying to have lengthy conversations with Batman all day. She wanted to know where he lived, how far Gotham city was, does he hang out with Robin? What his house looked like, what does he drive...she was relentless. Good thing nice Batman played along.

She was pretty sad when Batman left. She stood in the same spot and watched him walkaway and even after he was out of sight she sat there and stared for over fiver minutes. It was sad...I think we may see a Batman birthday in our future! She really had a great time with Batman and her pals.

No comments: