Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring has Sprung! Easter Fun and 1st Dance Recital

Ok this will be a MONSTER POST! There has been so much going on the past two weeks! It all started with the church Easter celebration and Egg hunt last weekend. They had a mini carnival, the Easter bunny came to visit, games, and of course an Eggcellent Egg Hunt on the playground. I had the kids in matching outfits (I have been dying to do this) and they looked so precious. We had a good time at the hunt and had to do a quick change in the car to get straight to Tball. Have I mentioned how busy this girl is?









Then on the night before Easter we dyed Easter eggs! This was the first time Savannah had done this. She had a pretty good time doing it, and was pretty enthralled with the pretty colors and the "magic" crayon. We had our eggs all dyed and put them on a plate with some cookies for the Easter bunny. (Our bunny requested oreos instead of carrots just so you know).



She has woody around her neck...She's pretty obsessed with Toy Story!
Easter morning we had an exciting surprise from the Easter bunny! He had hid eggs all over the yard and left Savannah and Easton big Easter baskets! It was a beautiful foggy morning too...just beautiful! I loved watching her frolic (yes I said frolic) through the yard in the fog and sunshine that was peeking through!

 Easton slept through the whole thing...She LOVED her Easter goodies and took all of Eastons goodies!


Easter was a gorgeous hot day so we decided to bring out the water table to cool off! A little bit later on we headed out to Larry's for the annual egg hunt in the fields!

Isn't this just the most precious picture?
 Easton relaxed in the stroller while Savvy hunted eggs


Such pretty horses. It's so picturesque!

Kind of a random shot but this is one of my favorite things! Our kitchen window faces East so when the sun rises it shines right through the window. I love to sip my tea and bask in the morning sun! Just check out that fog, isn't it sooo pretty??
Savannah's 1st dance recital was Saturday. They had a split routine that started with tumbling. First, they ran and did a somersault over a big log and then they did a somersault into a backbend. I got a good shot of her backbend. She can do it really well on her own but those new dance shoes were so slippery on the mat! Then they did a pom pom routine. I think this is her favorite part. She did so good, and danced every part right on cue! She was so excited to get up there to shake her stuff, it cracked us up!




Shes second from the left, go savvy, go savvy, go savvy, GO!

Our little star!


I had to wrap a blanket around his ears it was soo loud!


Proud parents with the dancing queen!

Hey mom! I think I have a photo of Savannah looking the exact same way in that chair. LOVE!

Some pictures from a beautiful afternoon in the yard. Savannah LOVES to play "soccer ball" she runs and runs and runs! She can dribble like a star, I can tell Soccer will be a sport she will enjoy. I caught these moments on camera, it's funny because she's in her dance outfit because we came straight from dance class. Cute huh? Prissy little soccer star!





Nana and Easton enjoying the sunshine on the porch!


And lastly we went to the More than a Taste of Calhoun downtown. They had a ton going on including a "Touch a Truck" event where you could climb on and take pictures on all types of trucks and tractors. Savannah had a ball as you can see. 


OK wait one more thing...we had a quasi tornado that came through our yard the other day. Kevin said they were straight line winds...whatever they were they kicked some major tree butt.  There was some very severe weather that came through this area last week. We didn't get the brunt of the weather but we did manage to lose some big trees. So I of course had to take photos of this....
Look at how those trees are bent over? CRAZY!

Lost one!


Ok that's it I promise. Enjoy the pics of the week!!

Love,
The Palmers


3 comments:

Maldoff Fam said...

Great pictures!!!

Maldoff Fam said...

Great pictures!

Megan said...

Whew...that was a busy two weeks. Looks like a great time though!