It never fails...when I leave I cry. I'm sure my kids will get the inability to say goodbye without getting choked up from me...in fact I hope they do. It makes me savor the moments with my far away friends and family more because I so dread saying goodbye to those I love so dearly. Saying goodbye happens a lot when you live 3000 miles from most your friends and fam. That's how I got the title for the post.
Well...It started off with a crazy awful goodbye to my mom...as you know she had been here for 4 weeks. Taking care of our every need. She was flying out the same time we were so we packed up the car and headed to the airport together. The only positive note was that we (Kevin, Jen, Savvy, and Lil E) were at least headed to be with more family and I wasn't left to a mom-less house like when she left when Savvy was a month old. BUT it truly didn't make the goodbye any easier. The hardest part for me is thinking how much bigger my kids will be the next time they see them...all the more reason to plan another trip right around the corner though right? We said our tearful goodbyes and The Palmer Fam (yes I'm talking in 3rd person) headed to SD. We dreaded the flight because of the massive amounts of luggage we needed with a 3 year old and a newborn and because we knew how bad a flight can be with an unhappy crying kid. Not that we've been there ourselves but we've sure witnessed a few in our day. Plane ride was going well...3 hours into the flight I get up to change Easton...he's been out like a light the whole time and Kevin and I have been alternating holding him until our arms are numb. He starts to undress him to speed up the changing process and what does he find in the foot of his pajamas??? POOP. Yup...he'd blown it out. SWEET! When he picks him up to inspect the severity we realize it had coated just about everything in sight. So I take the poopster to the bathroom to stick him in the sink...just kidding. As I get into the pinky toe of a bathroom the plane starts to shake, the captain comes on the overhead and says " I'd like everyone to take their seats we've hit some rough air". Um sure let me walk my poop covered kid, and hands back to my seat!? NOT. SO we proceeded to do the tango in the bathroom. Me trying desperately to change a poop covered Easton while he screams like I'm hurting him, as the plane does doughnuts in the sky. Where is the flight attendant call button? I need wine. In the bathroom. STAT. But seriously...The kids were pretty good on the long flight and I managed to keep myself from holding up the stewardess for all her wine. We landed thankfully all in our changes of clothes and were happy to be in sunny So Cal. Even the air smells sunny there...something about this place. Savannah refused to give in to her cold at this point and wanted to swim so we packed up and headed to the pool to swim and have lunch in the sunshine. That night the big family came over to greet us and unfortunately pick up some of Savannahs germs. Good times. The next day we headed to Sea Life Aquarium to check out the fish which was pretty fun and then we went to lunch at Rimels where Brett is the manager. Savannah got pretty ill at this point and I finally convinced our pediatrician to call us in antibiotics. THANK GOODNESS. After a triple dose of drugs she was back to her normal self! YAY!
The next day we headed to the beach, it was a beautiful cloudless sky and the beach was just calling our name! There is a great park and beach that I used to frequent when I grew up there and its perfect for kids. We had a picnic lunch (with my fave Robertos) and then frolic'd in the water. The water was only 60 degrees so it wasn't great for swimming but it was fun to splash in.
 |
| A Seashell!!! |
 |
| This is how Easton enjoyed the beach |
 |
| Playing at the Park with Dad |
Baba, Moni, Jack Jack, Adi, and us went to Lego Land on Friday. Moni took the day off work and we had such a fun time riding all the rides and Jack Jack and Savvy were so freaking cute holding hands running around!
 |
| Jack Jack wasnt too sure about this ride..Kevin liked it though |
 |
| Adi before she realized mom was gone |
 |
| Savvy and Baba had fun on this one! |
 |
| Her eyes in this one crack me up! |
 |
| She loves to drive |
 |
| Super slide |
 |
| I just love it |
 |
| How Easton enjoyed Lego Land...see a trend? |
The whole purpose of this trip west though was for my Besties wedding and Friday night the festivities started. The rehearsal, wedding, and seeing my friends was so GREAT! Kristen was a gorgeous bride and her and Skyler are a beautiful couple. We were so happy to be there for the special weekend. AND, I love all my girlies and seeing them just made me so happy it had truly been way too long. Good times!
On Sunday we had a Meet Baby Easton Party and all the caring friends and family we have came over my parents house. Easton loved being held by everyone...and when I say everyone...I mean everyone. I do think however that Kendall and her hubs Kevin liked holding him most (wink wink).
 |
| Sweet Baby Adi |
 |
| How he enjoyed the meet Baby Easton party |
 |
| crowd shot |
 |
| Sisters and their kiddos! |
 |
| You'd think this was something we do in Georgia...but they farm in Cali too |
 |
| The Chinns with lil E |
 |
| She wanted to play with the big kids |
 |
| Hill has Easton! |
 |
| Aww Aunt Stacy |
 |
| cousins! |
We had lots of fun moments throughout the trip like wine tasting, skinny dipping in Meme and Baba's pool, playing with the cousins, and Savvys fave chasing Lenny around.
 |
| This is how Easton enjoyed the pool at Baba and Memes |
 |
| Skinny dipping and proud! |
 |
| I just love that BUTT |
 |
| Wine Tasting |
 |
I'm gonna swim!
|
It was a fabulous trip and we had a ball as you can see!
Love,
The Palmers
No comments:
Post a Comment