Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas in Cali 2010

     Did you think I'd ever post again? It's been like 3 weeks! That may be a record! Our trip to Cali was filled with so many fun activities I barely had time to check my emails...let alone blog. So here we are back at home  and I've finally managed to download my pics. Savvy is snug in her bed with vicks vapor rub everywhere, a humidifier on, motrin in her system, and finally snoozin. This is seriously our 7 maybe 8th cold this season and let me tell you. Its not just getting old. It IS OLD. I knew preschool would bring germs but YOWZA. I was really looking forward to the break from school and all the germies, but wouldn't ya know we caught something on the cold infested plane on the return. I'll be happy to see spring! 

     Back to the trip. The night before we left we celebrated Christmas with the Palmers at Christis house. Savannah loved hanging with all her cousins including Sam and Margo the four leggers. Christi made some yummy soup and we had a great time visiting with everyone. We even celebrated JTs birthday with a cookie cake!

     Then we headed WEST on the 23rd in the wee hours of the morning. Easton decided to give me a kick of morning sickness on the way which let me tell you is not a fun way to start a great trip! Nonetheless we were off without a hitch. Savannah was amazing on the plane. The lady next to us even commented when we landed about how well behaved she was. She made momma proud! We had a good drive up the mountain which included a trip to Jack in the Box he he he. Savannah was enamored with the snow immediately! When we walked in Nana and Grandpas house and saw their Macy's sized Christmas tree her words were "WOW!". Nothing like a beautiful Christmas dressed snowy mountain house with a giant tree to really make it feel like Christmas! We have so many memories in the Swiss Lane house! It meant a lot to spend Christmas there with Savannah too! All the other family started to arrive and Savannah was really excited to see her cousins Zoe and Grant. Did I mention there were 12 people and 6 dogs ( I made sure to post a pic of each pup!) staying at Casa De Suenos? Yep. Full house! It was a great way to celebrate the holidays and spend time with the family! The guys took nightly hot tubs which Savannah attended once and decided it was a bit too hot for her. We went sledding up on the golf course where we had a huge hill to go down and then Kevin would have to drag Savannah up the hill in a sled behind him (see pics below). We made ornaments out of salt dough of ourselves (this was very funny). We also realized Ed's been hiding his artistic talents from us...who knew he was an artist? We made yummy meals, played pictionary (playing with Grant and Zoe really made this funny...Times Square?) We went to the Tahoe Donner sledding area where they had set up sledding zones. Savannah took a tube by herself down the course and loved it, such a daring girl. And we of course celebrated a wonderful Christmas Day together! Her elf Libby followed her all the way to Tahoe and appeared in the tree there. Libby left us on Christmas morning to go back with Santa but Santa was good to Savannah since she was such a good girl this year! Kevin and I received the gift of a lifetime from Mom and Ed...a full expense paid trip on a small yacht next Thanksgiving that sails through the British Virgin Islands! Oh man we are SOOO looking forward to that. I can taste the champagne and feel the sun now! It was truly a trip to remember with great weather, family, and fun. A very Merry Christmas! Thanks Nana and Grandpa for an amazing holiday! Words can't describe the fun we had!

     On the 27th we headed down to So Cal to spend time with Baba and Meme and all the friends and family in San Diego. Meme and Baba had just moved into a new house in the Bridges and its a great place to get the family together.We had Christmas number 2 that night and all the family came over to celebrate with us. Savannah was overwhelmed with all the toys and friends to play with she was so excited! My fave gift was our Jeopardy Wii game. We played everynight!
      I couldn't believe how big all our nieces and nephews had gotten. Time truly does fly by. Kevin and Baba went to play golf one day and we were able to go swimming while we were there since the weather was nice and the club pool was heated. Savannah loved getting in the water and playing with the pool toys. My best friend Moni threw me a shower while I was home at the coolest restaurant on the water in PB. All my besties came out and we had a great brunch to celebrate baby Easton! He got the cutest clothes and toys. And we ate the BEST cupcakes...omg I was in heaven. I'm so lucky to have friends that always make time to see us when we're in town! Thanks Moni for the amazing shower! On New Years Eve we had a low key evening at home with amazing food and great friends. Moni and Jack and the kiddos came over which was great because Savannah and Jack were tied at the hip. She said 10 times "Mommy I love my friend Jack Jack!" it was so cute! And little Addie has gotten so big, her bright red hair and puffy cheeks are to die for. It was a great way to ring in the New Year and I'm proud to say I made it to Midnight! Yahoo! Thanks Dad and Michelle for all that you gave us and did for us on our trip. We always enjoy our time together!

Sadly though it was time to get back to reality and head home. It was a fabulous 9 day trip. I look forward to it every other year. Thanks Moms and Dads for making our trip so special. Savannah loves you guys and had a ball. What a great Christmas to remember! XOXOXOXO

Enjoy the Pics!

Christmas with the Palmer Fam
Savannah and Sam
Savannah's first Bike!

Helping JT blow out his candles! Happy Birthday JT!

Adam and Savvy
Off to Nor Cal!
Daddy tested the tube run first...

Savannah went next...zooooooom!

Not scared a bit!

Go Daddy GO!


Hot tub in the snow!

I LOVE THIS BIG TREE!
So pretty!

My mom reading a book to Savvy she used to read to me...Rainbow Brite!

Carson the tough guy
Bodie..I didn't do it!

A stroller! Thanks Chandler Fam!
Her fave present! A backhoe!
Oops censor Barbie!
Another Dr. Palmer in the making?
Savvy showing off her heels and the old bag kitters

I made a snowball!

Snow Angels!
Fire Pit time! (Kit get out from under the BBQ!)
Peek-A-Boo!
Relaxing with the guys
Savvy and Granty
Her fave spot!

Cody always had his spot on the couch

Making dough ornaments

Stella...she didnt come out much but Savannah made sure she was happy by reading her books.




Gabe helping with the dough

Me and Gracie...I almost stole the sweet little thing

Making our ornaments...we're so crafty!

Snow on Christmas Night!


Beautiful Mom and Carson her buddy

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it SNOW!
Savannah insisted on being pulled up the hill by sled...

Like this.

The Whole Fam! Merry Christmas 2010!

Now on to So Cal...
Christmas #2 in SD. Lots of kids huh?
Yes it was pretty enough to swim!

Baba and Savannah Dueling Pianists

Gorgeous Cousin Lyla (check out the pink cowboy boots!) LOVE

Brodie Bug..he's so big!
Dad's new bar!

Savannah LOVES Jack Jack!

Say CHEESE!
then....tackle?

No comments: