Friday, May 30, 2008

Is Mommy Ready?

SO its a typical day home from work for Kevin...I follow him into the bedroom as I tell him about Savannahs and I's adventures of the day. He nods and smiles...how exciting is it as I explain her poopy diaper in every detail? Anyway I continue...and sit on the bed patting Marley as I pop the big question.



(heck no we aren't ready for another baby! If thats what you're thinking!!!)


"So when do you think Savannah is ready to sleep upstairs in her crib at night?" His head pops from around the bathroom door..."um well I think she's proving she's ready now!" I look at him enquisitively "now?" He says, "well isn't she napping there now? Honey, I think the question is if MOMMY is ready, not Savannah." Ok he has me. Darn. I'm not ready. Shamelessly NOT ready. I want her to stay tiny forever, sleep next to mommy forever. Uhhhh, I never thought I'd be this sappy or weepy about something seemingly so simple.


Who's going to make sure she clears her throat ok when she coughs?

Who's going to move her paci when it pokes her in the face (see photo of my view from my pillow)

Who's going to touch her soft little cheek in the middle of the night to let her know its ok and mommy is right here?


It's not simple...she's sleeping next to me for now. Until....well Im ready. And if she's 16 OH WELL!
She can sleep with mommy forever...my sweet baby girl...always.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Ohhhh, Jennifer! It seems like only yesterday that I was going through the same thing. No need to rush it ... Keep her close as long as you need/want to. She has plenty of years to come to sleep in her room by herself! :o) (Not sure how I did it, but Briley was 6 weeks...not that that was consistent at first!)