Monday, June 2, 2008

Update! Fam is gone, and its back to Reality for Momma!

I like this bathtub stuff, I'm warm and toasty!
Happy with my Paci in my new seersucker dress!
NOT happy because Mom took my paci out for a PICTURE!! WAAAAHHHH! Is that a face or what?
Dimple face
Uncle Rick, Savannah, and Matthew
Baba and Savannah
Michelle and naked Butt!
Derrrrrr, these are my Billy Bob teethers!
Like my mini skirt?
Savannah and Aunt Christi (notice Savannahs old man hair line)

My feet don't quite touch the ground. Mom did you read the directions it says 4 months not 2!
Ahhh life on the porch....
Mom went to Chattanooga, TN and all I got was this stupid visor.
Ammmmerrrrica the Beautiful! It's the Happy Memorial Day Baby! PRESH!
Nana and her grand baby


Well, we had great visits with the fam! Dad and Michelle had a blast with little Savvy. They couldn't believe how big she'd gotten *ok there was my cliche statement for this post*, but seriously the grandparents fawned over her. Lavishing her with kisses, and new apparel. I think it was fun for them now that she looks at faces and acknowledges people. I mean newborns are fun but they are little sacks of potatoes..eat...sleep....poop...eat...sleep...poop...you get the picture. Not that she's writing screenplays now or anything but eye contact and gummy smiles are a major step up!






Ed bought Savannah a Memorial Day themed dress (see pics) she was very patriotic for a her first trip out of STATE!! Duh duh Daaaa! She went to Tennessee Folks! Very exciting...she did sleep through it but we told her about it when she woke up. We even bought the dogs little visors...only they would appreciate this. We had a blast and Ed fell in love with her of course.






Next we had Dad and Michelle and again we had a great time. We gave Savannah baths put in her Billy Bob teeth paci, hung out on the porch, shopped, cooked...did you see the Billy Bob teeth! Ha ha ha! So funny! Who thinks of that stuff?


It was so great to see my parents with Savannah, nothing is sweeter than seeing your parents love your baby.


I went back to work today...wow. So I think I cried like 100 times this weekend in anticipation of how terrible it would be. But this morning with the help of my amazing caring husband I made it to work without too many tears. Everytime he'd look at me though to make sure I was ok I'd burst into tears. He was so worried about me...he texted me, called me, sent me emails, I think he was sure I was going to lose it. BUT with his comforting words, hugs, love, and not to mention a great babysitter I made it. Darlene was so nice and comforting when I called every hour just to "check up"...I wont always be that annoying promise. Savannah was happy as a clam with her Grandma and Mommy was ok too. I think I was also calmer because I heard a song on the radio that really made me calm down on my way to work..."stronger woman" by Jewel...ok I know lame but hear me out. The song is about her wanting to be a stronger woman, HENCE the name of the song and she says "I want to be the kind of woman I want my daughter to be" A light bulb flashed above my head and I realized I want Savannah to climb the corporate ladder and take over the world...be the president...be a part of the "boys club"....shatter those glass ceilings. And what better way to teach her than do it myself. I'm back to work and plan to take over Mohawk in a few years...buy your stock now folks...I don't want to go to jail for giving insider stock tips so I'll only say it once.
Hope you enjoy our pictures of the week!
Love,
The Palmers

No comments: