Saturday, August 28, 2010

Big Girl Bed!

Ok so Savannah might have been the oldest kid in a crib! She NEVER ever tried to climb out and I'm not going to lie I loved putting her in there and not having to worry about her getting in to anything or trying to come downstairs. Well Savannah is a very big girl, In 3T clothes and she pretty much  was banging around in her crib. She was a wee bit too big for it. SO today we went and bought her a nice full size mattress, some extra bedding we needed, and the trusty bed rails to make sure we didn't hear a big thump in the night as she fell off her bed. After a complete redecorating fiasco in her room (it was TOUGH to make all the furniture fit just right) we had it all set up. We read some extra books tonight to get her settled, and I did some extra back tickles, when it was time for me to go I could tell she was a little apprehensive. After all she's only ever been in a crib! But after some more kisses and hugs she was good to go. I watched her on the monitor and she stayed put in her bed until she fell fast asleep! Fluke? Yep totally! She didn't have a nap today and we were super busy, so her being extra sleepy really helped us! But I'll always be able to say she slept great on her first night in her big girl bed!!

Here are some pics of her room tonight as I put her to sleepies. What a big girl!!

No comments: