Sunday, August 22, 2010

August in Augusta!

We spent the weekend with our friends the Willis'! We drove down after work on Friday...Kevin decided we should take the "shortest" route on the Nav system...well it turned out that was ANYTHING but the shortest. With the help of Friday afternoon traffic, a terrential downpour that washed out part of the road and just a crappy route in general we spent 3 hours of barely moving we decided it was time to get off the "highlighted route" (you get this if you have nav) and jumped on the normal highway we usually take...So our typical 3 hour drive took us...um 5 hrs and 20 min! AHHH! We did get there though and sat down to enjoy our weekend. They recently moved into a new home in the coolest neighborhood! Their house is GORGEOUS as you can see in the pics and so kid friendly! Savannah and Brody made the hallway a race track, and the playroom was super fun! First thing Saturday morning we headed to their pool which is just down the road. There are pics of the kiddos in the wagon with their pool toys. Aren't they cute! They played and played...after several hours of water fun we headed home for lunch and a bath. I just love watching Savannah and Brody interact. Every time we get together they play more and more. We quickly noticed Savannah was sleeping standing up playing Brodys guitar so we put the kids down for a much needed siesta. The guys went and played 9 holes at Riverwatch and Brooke and I caught up on the best show ever...Real Housewives! The D.C. one had enough drama in the first two episodes to keep us very entertained! Then we headed out to Kid to Kid a second hand store for kids that is awesome! Super organized and their stuff is great.  Brooke and I both made out with a few bags of goodies! Once they finally woke up from their naps we went outside to play in the water some more! I included a picture of Savannah (great name eh'?) their dog, she will fetch for hours on end...she's such a love. Finally after we fed the kids and put them to bed we headed out for a fun night on the town. Don't worry Adam's sister and her husband stayed at the house. We went to a great restaurant called Bees Knees that had great Tapas and an interesting array of corner working clientèle (i.e. Pretty Woman). I plan to read this to Savannah one day...hence the vagueness of my comment.We laughed and talked through dinner and enjoyed the scenery! It was a great night! This morning we ate at the famous Cracker Barrel and then headed home. We had a very busy weekend with great friends! Enjoy the pics of the kidlums and all our adventures! 
I just realized I don't have any pictures of Luke, Brody's younger brother! He's a doll, grown so much since I last saw him at McClane's bday. He smiles nonstop and is such a good baby. I don't think I heard him cry once! Savannah loved sharing ALL the toys with him, in fact we had to restrain her from burying him in puzzle pieces. :)

Love,
The Palmers
This last pic is of Savvy helping me wash the dogs last weekend. You can see the fear in all their eyes as they try to blend into the background. She was a great helper as always! We got those puppers clean!

No comments: