Monday, April 16, 2012

Shiver me Timbers Savannah is 4 and Easton is 1!

OK so I'm not going to lie...I've been playing this party for probably 9 months. I knew right away that I wanted to do a joint party for the kids and when I came across an amazing deal on the Pirate costumes the plan was set in motion. I asked savvy if she wanted to do a "Pirates and Princesses" Party, but she quickly told me that she didn't want to be a Princess...she wanted to be a Pirate! Her love of pirates grew as we talked up her party, she started to talk like one, wear an eye patch, and of course sport a sword. Easton was of course up for whatever would involve food and entertainment.

I made all the games with help from Pinterest and my pirate buddy Savannah. Each game had a different prize for the kids that was pirate themed.

We had the BEST weather on the day of the party that I decided to move everything outside to a deck area that actually looked very Pirate-esque! It was a tad windy but the weather itself was amazing, the kids loved being outside and took advantage of the whole place to play and run.
Every Pirate put on a costume with hat/headband and eye patch...ARGHH!

This is before everyone got there...

Cupcake Cake ARGHH MATEY!

The dig for treasure game was the hit...I think at one time there were 8 kids in the sand box!

Decorate a Treasure Chest!

Walk the Plank Matey!

Part decor...Part gift. Every kid enjoyed playing with the new pirate ship!








Happy Birthday to You!




Uh oh...man down!

Grandpa came in with a replacement...phew!
I dont think E knew what to think about the frosting...

Presents! She didn't even want to finish opening them because she wanted to go back and play with her friends in the sand...I think that means it was a fun party!


I love kid parties where ALL the kids help open...cracks me up!

Easton is getting very sleepy!



How many kids can you get in a tiny plastic swimming pool?

Nana and her swashbuckling pal Captain Savannah!

It was such a fun day, Savannah had a great turn out with over 15 of her closest pals! She had so much fun, and when asked what her fave part was she said the cake...HA! Thanks so much to my Mom and Ed, and Ani for helping me put it all together! And of course Daddy for keeping my pirate pals entertained until party time so we could get everything set up!

I still have to update about our big man E and his big 1 year birthday! Pics and post to come!

Love,
The Palmers

1 comment:

Kendall said...

This is pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen Jen!! You are such a good mommy... May have to steal this idea someday for Logan. Love all the pics! Xo