Savvy and Easton,
Sometimes you get lucky and you meet that friend when you're young that really "clicks" with you immediately. You call them your "best friend" then but you don't really understand what that means...
Sometimes you have things in common, and you teach one another about the things you don't.
Sometimes you like to do the same things, and most times you like different things but that's how you learn about new things in the world.
Sometimes you come from the same background and lives, but most times you come from different worlds but this is how you learn about the differences in people's lives.
Sometimes if you're lucky this friend stays your friend through college and beyond, and you continue to love this person no matter where life takes you both.
Sometimes you need one another, a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold, an ear to listen, a smile that is needed to get through the day.
We met at Cross Country practice in seventh grade. She said I was the most annoying person there, and looking back I don't disagree. We struck up a friendship that day and have been true best friends ever since. Like sisters. I'd do anything for her, and I know her for me. I remember we didn't want to tell one another where we were going to college with fear that we'd influence one another's choice. We had a day at school our senior year where to announce where we were going we'd wear the college shirt/sweatshirt of our chosen school. I remember breathing the biggest sigh of relief and screeching when Moni walked up in her U of A sweatshirt. It was fate again....
The best thing about a best friend is that sometimes we can have a whole conversation with only a few words. We have been one anothers college confidantes, running partners, advice giver, maid/matrons of honor, "aunts" to one anothers children...it goes on and on. I can't remember who gave the other the card about "being little old ladies together" but really it's irrelevant. We will be, laughing, crying, telling the stories of our lives to one another when we're little old ladies because that's the way its supposed to be.
I wish for you both that you find this friend like I have. If you find a friend like this...nourish that friendship. Protect it. Never let anything come between you and that person. All the effort and love you give it will be worth it.
I truly hope that sometime in your life you meet that someone. The special friend that will be there with you through thick and thin, good and bad, laughter and tears. I did. You know her well...and I'm so lucky to have her in my life. Here are some funny pictures of our journey through friendship.
I Love you Moni.
![]() |
| 8th Grade Graduation! |
![]() |
| We took all our Cross-Country Pictures together. What.is.up.with.my hair? |
![]() |
| Driving my new jeep from nor cal to so cal. Moni I know you'll love this pic |
![]() |
| My 20th bday!PF Changs with the ladies! |
![]() |
| Ladies night out...sometime in college |
![]() |
| Bikers and Babes Date Dash. I was moni's date ;) |
![]() |
| And with our first babies...Savvy and Jack Jack. |
Love, mommy









No comments:
Post a Comment