This soccer season has been interesting to say the least. Savannah loves to kick the ball in the yard and so does Easton. He loves to say "kick it" and run around. So when soccer sign ups came along I thought I'd coach and I was excited to see her play. Well I think she needs another year to grow...because really she spent more time running in circles than playing. We did have a break through in the third game when she took the ball from the mid field line and took it to the goal...twice! Then a third goal towards the end of the season where she was at the right place at the right time and kicked it in. But the rest of the games were more of her talking to the other girls, looking for ant piles, spotting a plane, or mostly asking me to be out because she was "tired". I must say though the overall love and sweetness of the girls on the team made it all worth it. They were such amazing girls and I had so much fun being called "coach" and getting their hugs every practice and game. Giving out the trophies yesterday I got choked up talking to them. I just loved playing with them and watching them grow! Plus I love some of their aggressive attitudes! Reminds me of the good ole days on the field!! I think soccer coaching is in my future for a long time...
Here are some pics from our last game, 2 out of 5 girls were out sick but I had these cuties to coach.
The cuties before the last game. Maggy, Addy, and Savvy
They requested a silly picture.
Savvy running the wrong way
Getting a water break pep talk from Daddy
Getting a pep talk from me...
Waiting for kick off
She's got the running down that's for sure
Kick in (we don't do throw in's for U6 girls)
And she's off!
Easton chillin in the stroller. Love those blue eyes
Girls with their trophies!
We had so much fun...love these nuggets!
No comments:
Post a Comment