Almost a year ago for Father's Day I bought Kevin 4-6 laps at the Atlanta Motor Speedways Speedtech racing school. It was a Groupon buy and apparently it was SO popular that they were sold out for months. Michelle and Tom bought the same package for Adam for his birthday so we scheduled the guys together. We had gorgeous sunny weather and the guys had a ball. They had an hour or so of racing "school" and after that they got assigned to a car and off they went. Beforehand Kevin and Adam kept talking about how fast they were going to go and making fun of the other people ahead of them that looked like they were going 90...I think I heard one of them say "why come to this and go 90 when you can do that in your car on the interstate?" BOY OH BOY did they eat their words. I do think they got up into the 120s-ish on the straightaways but on the curves they really felt the speed and backed off. You forget that the curves are tilted and pretty tight. It was so fun to watch them race around and their smiles afterwards were ear to ear. I do believe they got the adrenaline rush they were looking for. We are pretty sure Grandad wanted to kill us all for going and we are defintly sure that Nick Sabin would have been MAD if he knew Adam did that so close to the start of the season! The kids really enjoyed it as well, there was lots of space to goof off and the winners circle was a fun place to pose for pics just like Lightining McQueen. KACHOW! What a fun day with the fam!
What a natural
Getting ready to put the pedal to the metal!
One of Dale Seniors old cars
The boys
Kevin is ready to go!
You forget they don't have traditional doors
ZOOM!
Easton almost missed his dad race!
What a Top Gun moment
Say Cheese!
He's turning into a little boy right before our eyes...
He loves his Aunt Michelle!
I'm doing my eye like lightning and screaming KACHOW!
Adam wore Savvys sunglasses
Lightning McQueen!
Adam racing around the track
Adam is ready to go!


1 comment:
Thanks for posting about this. I saw your Facebook status and wondered how it was. Brian got a Groupon to do this for Christmas and he is excited to go and do it but after seeing these pictures I will really push him to go...looks fun!
Post a Comment