My dearest Bossy Boo,
My protector, my cuddler, my always pacing the house nails click clacking on wood floor, big drolly lover, I weigh 70lbs but I think I’m a lap dog snuggle bear.. I realized long ago life is not fair. A great dog like you getting a brain tumor is more than unfair and unjust. I just can’t put words to how much I miss you already. Today you are resting at an emergency vet in Atlanta as they try to tame the seizures that started out of nowhere on Thursday. You have been in my life from the moment I met Kevin. I remember the moment I met you like it was yesterday. You came running down the driveway, ears a flopping, barking like a crazy dog. Then when you got to me you sniffed me and instantly we connected. I knew you were going to be on “my team” and the rest is history. You’ve never left my side…
Today, your whole family is missing you terribly; everything we see makes us think of you. We go to grab the garbage…something you loved….you could be in the other room and come running…YAY a trip to the garbage can OUTSIDE….but you aren’t here. We go to grab cookies, today I grabbed three, but you aren’t here I only needed two…I hated that more than anything. Kevin went to the store today and he always puts you in the back of the truck for a ride, your fave…but you aren’t here. I got into the shower this morning and thought of your silly butt wanting to lap up all the water in the shower after we would get out. We see your bed laying in the living room empty…it breaks our heart. Boss we miss you more than anything. You were truly the most loyal, people loving, sweet, protective, non-licking (hah!), goofy as hell dog we’ve ever had. It pains me to my deepest core that you will not live much longer. The vet says maybe only a few days, we are hoping more than anything you can recover enough to come home. We’d love one walk on the road, one more thunder down the stairs, one more slobber on the bed, one more stinky fart that fills the room. I’d give anything to have you home.
You’ve been here through several moves, two new babies being brought home, and countless other changes and milestones in our lives. We can’t imagine you not being here for the next. You are such a major part of our lives.
We miss you Bossy Boober Toobers…you are a great dog.
Here are some random pics of your life from the past 9 years that I’ve gathered (more to come)…Even these don’t quite show how much you mean to us.
Your family loves you Boss…get well. Hugs and Kisses.
















No comments:
Post a Comment