Thursday, November 19, 2009

Only in the Country...


We had a great weekend basking in the unexpected heat. We had highs of 75, IN NOVEMBER! It was so nice to spend time outside. I decorated the house for Christmas. I know I know it's early but we have Nana, Grandpa Ed, Michael, and Daniel here for Thanksgiving and I wanted everything to be festive! We had to get some new ornaments for the tree since our old ones are glass. I just knew the first thing Savannah would do would be to pick an ornament off the tree and throw it. Sure thing, that's what she did. These are plastic so it just bounced across the hard wood floors thankfully.
We went to Adam and JTs football game on Friday night, BRRRR was it cold. But we made into the 2nd Quarter this time! Savannah loves her #99 sweatshirt, GO ADAM! On Sunday we went to take the trash down to the road. Yes this is an actual event...so I took my camera. Random I know. It just so happened they were plowing the soy beans across the street from our house. The tractor kicked up dust that created the neatest glow in the sunset. I ended up getting some amazing pics of Savannah and her Daddy. Only in the country can you walk across the street to see a combine plowing soy beans...lol. I LOVE IT! Oh and in the last pic, yes that is a snake in Savannahs hand. It's dead, obviously run over a few times by our cars, but it still creeped me out.
Savannah just seems to be growing up so fast, talking ALL the time. She now uses 3 word combos. My favorite is "you sit down" when she wants you to sit next to her. She can clearly say all the dogs names, but still has a clear favorite in marley. Every morning she comes downstairs asking "where's maweee?" then she'll proceed to mimic things I must do each morning. Like saying "Lady you eat" and point to her bowl. She still loves Blue's Clues, and Choo Choo's. We've gotten her some Thomas movies because she loves them so much. She loves to eat, and is doing it all by herself. However, we're still trying to convince her that ketchup is a condiment and not an actual food. She slurps it up then asks for "mo". Lots of fun things going on here. Can't believe Thanksgiving is next week! So happy to have everyone here in Calhoun! Oh and its someones special day today!! Happy Birthday Mom!We love you!!!
Until next week!
Love,
The Palmers

1 comment:

Kendall said...

Love all the pics!! The soybean field one's are precious. Keep the post's coming!