Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tour of L&D

We took our tour of Labor and Delivery last night! What a great hospital! They have just finished some major new construction and renovations the place is amazing! Complete with a deli and coffee bar! Not quite Starbucks but I'll make it.
We saw the 3 rooms I'd be in through the course of the delivery and recovery. The Labor and Delivery room is great, it has its own private waiting area for the family which Kevin and I decided just isn't quite big enough to accomodate us all but we'll make it work! The nursery was really nice, and the recovery rooms were great too. The lactation consultant gave us our tour and she was really nice. I was happy to be able to meet her in advance. Kevin was so cute, the nurse said that some moms and dads choose to send their babies back to the nursery to get some rest and he goes "no way, I'll hold Savannah while Jennifer sleeps!" ha ha! He already can't let her go. He melts my heart. Then I was telling him that he'd probably go home to shower and see the dogs while we're in the hospital for the couple of days after delivery. He said "no way he'd stay with us and he could send someone else home to check on things!" I love it! The tour was great, Im so happy we were able to do that. Not long now and we'll be there for real! Love, Jen Kevin and Savannah

No comments: